Business Analyst – EducationPlannerBC
Work with stakeholders to document and improve their processes and support systems to meet project and organizational objectives
Do you like working with passionate people trying to find new and innovative solutions to tomorrow’s challenges? If so, then joining the Technology Development team at EducationPlannerBC is the role for you. We work with all of the public post secondary institutions in BC, along with similar organizations across the country, to make the post secondary journey easier for students, by identifying challenges or opportunities, and designing and building innovative solutions.
EducationPlannerBC is B.C.’s provincial application and data exchange hub designed to provide improved access to post-secondary education in B.C. by engaging and informing applicants and their supporters throughout their post-secondary research, planning and application process. EducationPlannerBC works to proactively innovate for our applicants, public post-secondary institutions, and government partners.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Business Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to document and improve their processes and support systems to meet project and organizational objectives. From an Agile process perspective, the Business Analyst is the Product Owner for the respective products. Responsibilities include defining the product vision, managing the product backlog, prioritizing features, creating user stories and acceptance criteria, working on release plans, and documenting existing business processes and requirements as well as communicating business requirements to the development team for action. This position is considered a technical specialist around business process and requirements, providing insight for the development team, and confirming what has been delivered by the development team conforms to the business requirements.
Key Accountabilities & Time Allocation
The following provides an approximate allocation of time for key accountabilities and a representative list of duties. From time to time, this position will be expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities as necessitated by its evolving position within the organization or the overall business objectives of the organization.
Process Documentation and Design (50%)
- Document proposed business requirements and track through change management, by creating user stories and managing the product backlog
- Document existing business processes through stakeholder engagement, process mapping, and documentation activities
- Work with all stakeholders to develop and maintain a product vision, prioritizing features and user stories through the effective management of the product backlog
- Develops support information for PSIs as required to ensure steady-state usage of EPBC products
Coordinate Stakeholder Activities (30%)
- Work with the Client Relations team to conduct meetings with business stakeholders
- Support the Client Relations team as a subject matter expert for all EducationPlannerBC applications
- Clarify business process requirements for the Technology Development team
- Provide business analysis, requirements gathering and stakeholder feedback for technical software development activities as required with EducationPlannerBC Technology Development team
Review and Test Functionality (20%)
- Review completed development work to ensure alignment with business process and requirements
- Test new functionality against requirements and feedback into the Quality Assurance process on whether what has been delivered is acceptable
- Collaborate with automated testing to define different test scenarios that should be included in automated testing
- Participates in planning meetings and software development activities with staff and provides business analysis and related support to internal project teams and institutions as required
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to set priorities, follow workflows, and meet deadlines
- A focus on providing exceptional client service to all EPBC staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to apply problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, being mindful of your audience and their communication needs
- Ability to work collaboratively by building and maintaining positive working relationships with team members across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, adjusting to occasional shifts in workload and task priorities
- Ability to facilitate conversations in situations that require the use of consultation, negotiation, conflict resolution, and diplomacy skills
- Ability to translate technical analysis of information and concepts into workable solutions
- Ability to understand and communicate with a software development team
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or vocational or technical school credential or an acceptable combination of education, training, and 3-5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with the agile software development process, preferably in a product owner role
- An Agile Business Analyst related designation would be considered an asset
- Understanding of the BC post-secondary system or government environment preferred
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and MS DevOps Boards
- Experience in business process documentation and process design and redesign
- Experience troubleshooting issues with queries or automated tasks and communicating standards to other technical and non-technical team members
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until the position is filled
Pay Range: $89,955 to $103,180 annually, commensurate with on experience
This is a full-time position based in Victoria. EducationPlannerBC offers a hybrid working arrangement, which involves working in the office a minimum of 2 days per week and would require any candidates currently based outside of Victoria, BC, to relocate to Victoria, BC, if they were selected as the successful candidate.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although only those eligible to work in Canada, at the time of application submission, will be considered.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC