We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
As the Office Manager in Vancouver, you will lead the daily operations of Nicola Wealth’s Broadway office including front desk activities, administration and general office operations. You will be the central point of contact for all office management operations to ensure the smooth running of our office. You will manage the front office and office administration team providing leadership, coaching and performance development. You will also support our Melville office location in downtown Vancouver as needed.
As the Office Manager, your key accountabilities will involve:
- Manage front office/office administration team providing leadership, coaching and performance development.
- Encourage and support team members to be accountable for their performance and ensure they understand how their efforts contribute to the attainment of personal, team and corporate goals.
- Design and implement office procedures ensuring they are in line with corporately defined policies and objectives.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Oversee the management of our front office ensuring our clients and visitors experience a positive first impression and a high standard of client service.
- Handle escalated client service and office security issues while demonstrating a high level of conflict resolution.
- Vendor management oversight: Be the central relationship owner for key business suppliers supporting our office operations, such as building and facility management, maintenance providers, etc.; taking initiative to resolve any related operational or facility issues that may arise.
- Negotiate supplier contracts and maintain department budgets, analyzing variances and initiating corrective changes or recommending cost saving solutions.
- Provide administrative and office support in collaboration with teams across the organization.
- Partner with People & Culture to provide assistance with the onboarding of new staff.
- Coordination and support for staff special events.
- Act as an office representative for Nicola Wealth’s Business Continuity Incident Command Team (ICT), First Aid Attendant and Fire Marshall.
- Superior client service orientation and ability to blend concierge services.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Self-directed with the ability to proactively resolve problems and resolve conflict with a high degree of professionalism; solution oriented.
- Ability to lead and manage a team with confidence.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- A drive for excellence and continuous exploration for new and better ways to do things with the confidence to adapt to change.
- Have a positive attitude and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrates leadership contributing to a strong team culture.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internal to the organization and external with clients and business partners.
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrates a drive for continued learning and professional growth.
- Self-sufficient and able to work autonomously with little direction and oversight.
As the Office Manager, your experience and qualifications will include:
- 5 years of relevant experience working in a professional, fast-paced, entrepreneurial office environment or professional services firm.
- A minimum of 2 years of people leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressive work experience
- Ability to travel and provide support to other office locations, as required.
- Hospitality background is an asset.
- Occupational first aid certification is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint required.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills, including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities and demands.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization.
- You have the ability to work independently and manage your area of responsibility with minimal oversight.
Compensation and Benefits Package
At Nicola Wealth, our people grow our business, delight our clients and live our values every day. Our comprehensive compensation and benefits package reflects our appreciation for this commitment. Whether it’s participating in our profit sharing and benefit programs on day one, or the opportunity to participate in our share ownership program, our people are able to go beyond a conventional salary and bonus structure.
This position comes with a competitive base salary hiring range of $76,000-$104,500; dependent on experience, skills, qualifications and internal equity.
As part of our total rewards package, we also offer:
- Performance-based bonus.
- Quarterly profit-sharing based on business performance because we believe the more we have, the more we can share.
- You can become an owner through our corporate employee share purchase program.
- Employer RRSP contribution with no matching required.
- Paid time off for vacation, studying, and volunteerism, along with flexible personal leave days because balance is important.
- Extended health, dental and mental health coverage; Personal Wellness account.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Professional development programs, coaching and support including internal mobility across teams and geographies.
- An award winning, inclusive, and supportive culture.
Application closing date is Nov 30, 2023.
Please include a Cover Letter and Resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles, go to http://www.nicolawealth.com/careers