Junior Property Accountant
A high-growth, reputable, and professional organization in the property management industry is seeking a Junior Property Accountant to join their established office team. This is an excellent role that will provide excellent opportunities for professional development in a collaborative and positive environment.
Who – the Company: Our client is a reputable property management organization that provides a range of services to clients, focusing on the management of commercial, industrial, retail, and residential properties (including commercial strata) in the Metro Vancouver area. They are highly ranked in the best managed property management companies in BC! The organization is growing and can provide excellent career growth opportunities.
What – the Role: Our client is seeking a Junior Property Accountantwho will add energy and passion to their close-knit office team. They are seeking an individual who has creative problem-solving skills, team-oriented, and diligent. This role will be in the office 5 days a week and will be responsible for working on commercial and residential strata properties. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, below:
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and working papers for a portfolio of commercial, residential, and strata properties.
- Review and input lease documents including new lease set-up, renewals, and terminations.
- Prepare annual CAM and TAX reconciliations on the commercial portfolio.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and recovery calculations, while working closely with the property management (PM) team and ensuring the accuracy of data in the accounting software.
- Prepare GST returns, TransLink tax returns, and Non-Resident tax forms.
- Process and verify annual tenant rental schedules for the portfolio of properties.
- Process bank reconciliations.
- Perform cashflow analysis and monthly owner distributions.
- Reconciling accounts receivable and updating the PM team on discrepancies.
- Assisting with year-end audit compilation and reviews as needed.
- Reviewing monthly rent rolls for accuracy and up to date information.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
Who – the Candidate:Our client is looking for a motivated, professional, and diligent accountant. Qualifications listed below.
- 1 years of property accounting experience.
- Any experience in Yardi Voyager software would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Pursuing CPA.
- Good organizational skills and effectively meets deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure when required without compromising the quality of work.
Where: Our client is located in Burnaby, with free parking available. Having a vehicle to commute to the office is highly preferred due to limited transit options. Work hours for this role is Monday-Friday 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, with half an hour paid lunch.
How Much: The salary range for this role is between $45,000-$60,000. They also provide 3 weeks of paid vacation, annual bonus, health spending account, fitness allowance, and extended medical health and dental coverages.
When & How to Apply: This search is moving extremely quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’?and send us your resume.