Urban Systems Ltd.
About the Opportunity
We are looking to add an IT Technician to our lively Kelowna branch. Can you stay calm in the face of changing priorities and enjoy putting your service mindset to work? If organization is your mainstay, you are energized to work with many different people and have decent IT know-how; let’s connect!
Working alongside our team of IT professionals, you will carry out a variety of duties in computer software and hardware support services and some computer programming/scripting. You are the first point of contact for branch staff and need to be comfortable and proficient in dealing with a wide variety of issues and people. Coupled with the unmatched learning and project experience opportunities, do you see yourself excited to contribute to:
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PCs, Windows servers, printers, network devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Providing technical support to staff both in the office and virtual.
- Installing and supporting common office and engineering software applications.
- Support corporate network infrastructure as required.
- Providing excellent service and technical support to staff.
Our ideal candidate is a recent graduate of a Computer Technology diploma program with up to 5 years of related experience. Experience in administering a Microsoft environment would be an asset.
Does this list reflect your skills, strengths, and abilities?
- Working with people gets you energized – you enjoy building relationships and rapport with different types of people.
- You like being in service – supporting the needs of others efficiently and effectively comes naturally to you, you are keen to build an understanding of what people need and how you can help them.
- You like change – you are able to adapt and respond positively to changing conditions, priorities and technologies.
- Collaborative – you genuinely enjoy working cooperatively and effectively to reach a common goal.
- You take initiative – you can identify areas that need attention and provide workable solutions to improve current systems.
- Quality mindset – you take personal pride and accountability in delivering high-quality solutions for colleagues and team members.
- Growth mindset – you see your progress as incremental and you want to learn and grow over time.
- You possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. We are united in our mission to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 700 people with 18 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams lead to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, at 9:00 am PST